Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 88


Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week. A week from today, I'll be in the car driving 10 hours to the top of California, before continuing into Oregon the next day for the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival. Don't worry, while I'm gone I'll schedule Mr Linky posts, there just won't be much from me in them. :)

Now onto this week's WIPW as I have exciting things to share!:

This might not look like much yet, but I'm test knitting the Effie Hunger Games pattern that goes with this yarn, Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Butter Mints! I'm showing you this side, because there's not much to look at yet, as it's just twisted rib. We should be releasing pictures sometime this week (hopefully Thursday!) of the whole sock, but the pattern won't be released until it's finished through test knits. I will say, it's a gorgeous pattern, and though I only assisted in designing it, I'm super proud of it. I can't wait for you all to see the pictures. The designer, Yavanna, will be setting up a project page for it when we do release pictures so that those interested can favorite it for when it is released. I'm hoping to plan a KAL on the Candy Skein Addicts Ravelry group for May/June and will be keeping the Butter Mints colorway around through the end of May. One of the test knitters is knitting it in a kettle dyed Candy Skein colorway (Grape Fizz) and it looks awesome in that, too! Can you tell I'm excited?




I started my second All I Need is a TARDIS (Knit Picks Felici in the Time Traveler colorway) sock. It's great movie/tv/car knitting, as it's just around and around until I close the toe (and of course I'll need to add the waste yarn for the afterthought heel). I tried to get the stripes to match, but I believe it's 2 rows off. Oh well, that stuff doesn't bother me. :)


That's it for me today! I hope to have pictures of the Effie sock pattern to share Thursday, but if not, I'll have another installment of Life as an Indie Dyer!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!




40 comments:

  1. Your coming to Oregon?! Maybe I'll see you at the fiber festival :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Are you going to the festival? My booth is in marketplace 2! Please stop by and introduce yourself.

      Delete
  2. Yay for socks--you've got some lovely projects, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. socks socks socks! Everyone is nuts about socks! I still havent got the skills for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're addicting! They aren't too hard to make either!

      Delete
  4. ooh the candy skein yarn is gorgeous - those socks are going to be ultra pretty!!!! I also love the striped socks - i need to learn socks pretty soon I think (i keep falling in love with everyone else's)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite easy once you get over the fear of them. Try a straight vanilla sock first. I'd recommend watching the Sock Class Knit Picks videos on youtube. That's how I learned how to make them. As long as you know how to knit in the round,increase, decrease and pick up stitches, you'll be fine!

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the pattern - and the buttermints yarn is knitting up beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looking forward to how both socks look when they are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to seeing the Hunger Games Sock completed, would love to take part in that KAL!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll have the details as it gets closer to May. :)

      Delete
  8. I love the candy colors of your yarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your WIPs are looking great, really looking forward to seeing how that sock turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome socks! I need to try those Time Traveler ones and can't wait to see the Effie socks completed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Time Traveler socks are just a basic afterthought heel pattern I made up myself with the self striping Felici yarn. Super easy!

      Delete
  11. Ha! I love the Tardis socks. Great stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love, love, love, love (lol) the striped socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link to the sock designer. I've already queued the Peeta and Gale socks and can't wait to see the Effie design! Looking forward to more pictures!

    Have fun at the Fiber Festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Her patterns are amazing. I can't believe her creativity!

      Delete
  14. oh my gosh I have to have your buttermints yarn. HOLY that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, too. I have skeins of it in stock!

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted this as it was a duplicate comment. :)

      Delete
  16. Lovely knitting!!! Come visit my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your socks especially the striped ones

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! I love how it's knitting up, too! We had great fun designing the pattern. She took my ideas and transformed them into an amazing sock. She's also going to be another Effie pattern with Candy Skein yarn that was her own design. :) Her patterns are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool are those Tardis socks...so cool!! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that yarn you've dyed for the Effie socks. I typically don't like pastels too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love the stripey socks. Depending on my mood, the matchy matchy may or may not drive me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great trip, travel safe. We'll keep the light on for your return. I LOVE the hat colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love the colour of the Hunger Games sock!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I might have an obsession with the Hunger Games. Can't wait to see what patterns come out. Also, I definitely need to try self-striping socks. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun! I just linked up for the first time...

    I found you through Hanni @ hannicraft...

    Fun!! Glad I could join in!! Go check out my puppets & let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh wow i love the colors. I can't wait till your done. I definitely want to learn now..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh-Em-Gee - I ADORE the look of the buttermint

    ReplyDelete