Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 89

Hi everyone! Depending on when you are reading this today, I'm probably on the road on my way to Oregon (for the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival). We leave (hopefully) around 8am, and are going to drive as far as we possibly can before we tire out. Our goal is to at least get 10 hours away, as we'll have another good 7-8 hours tomorrow. Yes, California is REALLY REALLY big/tall. It doesn't help I live in San Diego which is only about 30 minutes from the border of Mexico, so we'll be driving the whole length of the state. Hope for good weather and a safe trip for us!

While I'm gone, I'll have posts scheduled so that you can still participate in WIPW and FO Friday, but obviously I won't be commenting. I won't be returning home until late next Wednesday, so there will be a FO Friday without me, as well as another WIPW.

That being said, if you'd like to follow my travels, I'm sure my twitter will be on fire (when I'm not the one driving) with pictures of the scenery on the way up through CA and Oregon, as well as the booth at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival. My twitter is @tamiklockau (or you can just click the little bird icon on the left sidebar of the blog.

Now to WIPW:



Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on my Effie Socks as much as I'd like. It's SUCH a fun fun pattern to do. I'm using Butter Mints, the April '12 Candy Skein colorway. It feels good to work on a pattern that ups my skill level, as this one does, and it is working great with the yarn. I plan to be doing a KAL with this pattern on the Candy Skein Addicts Ravelry group starting May 1st through the end of June. More details to come! (Don't worry, since my shops are now closed until May 1, I'll be selling Butter Mints through May as well)





I've started working on my Devil Snare socks made from Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Leprechaun Lollipop (March '12 colorway) again. I'm hoping to finish one sock in time for the beginning of the Fiber Festival Friday night. I need to do two more leg repeats before starting the heel flap/turn. It's funny how your perspective can change. When I started these socks, I was finding it impossible to remember the pattern repeat/chart. After working on the Effie socks, this pattern seems so EASY, it made me laugh. I should be able to cruise on these, and work on them in the car when I'm not driving. :)

That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of the week, weekend and first part of next week! Off to Oregon I go!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


17 comments:

  1. I love the Leprechaun Lollipop colourway, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck for the Festival!
    Love the Devil Snare Socks - Some of your Green yarn is definitely on top of my wish list!!! Do you send to Europe?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours!
    Just to give you all a heads up, you’re receiving the Versatile Blogger award tomorrow on my site :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would prefer sitting together, chatting and knitting. However, I can't. So it is nice to see other people's projects. Love your green yarn. As I have many, many socks, but no green ones, I definitely have to make a pair one day. Rather sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time and good Luck for the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colors I am loving your projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the colours of ur socks. Good luck at fibre fest. Hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both colorways are lovely! Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray a KAL! I'm rushing off now to join the Ravelry group!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you safe travels! I'm loving the Effie Socks and I'm also kicking myself for not purchasing that March colorway. It's so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the socks...I have been bitten by the sock bug myself...and good luck at the fiber festival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops! Linked the wrong post. 2nd one is the most recent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE the green, SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love seeing all the projects in progress...makes the blog world less picture perfect and more enjoyable knowing others have half done projects waiting to be finished!
    http://chambersmade.blogspot.com/2012/04/wip-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tami,

    I know you have been nominated already once, but I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. (You can find more info on my Blog).

    I think your wool creations are absolutely divine. Thumbs up on the shipping here :-D Will order soonest!

    x

    ReplyDelete