Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 113

Happy hump day! This week is a crazy one, as I'm getting ready for the show and closing escrow soon! It's all about paperwork for the house, dyeing and re-skeining for the show and putting off packing the house we live in now. If you follow me on instagram (username is CandySkein if you're interested in following me!), you will have seen some fun pictures of my lovely knitting group helping me out on Monday night. It's amazing how much more fun it is to re-skein yarn with friends and not alone! It feels a little less like a job, that's for sure.

Speaking of the fiber show, as mentioned, I'll be at the Vista Fiber Fiesta on October 13-14th from 10-4 in Vista, CA! There are a lot of great vendors this year, so if you live in the area, be sure to come on by!


This is what I've been working on like mad when I have any free time, which isn't much! I'm trying to finish at least one of the socks before the fiber show, so that I have an example of Witch's Brew knit up! The pattern is Simple Skyp Socks and they really are simple! I didn't even need to print out the pattern, that's how easy it is! I had it memorized after the first couple of rows (it's only a two row repeat). As mentioned, it is in my Candy Skein October 2012 colorway, Witch's Brew, which is on sale now through October 31st! You can purchase it here in Yummy fingering. I have to say, I know I'm bias, but I love love love this colorway. It knits up even better than I thought it would! These might become my favorite socks I've knit and I know I will be doing this pattern again at some point. It's a little like another favorite pattern of mine, Hermione's Everyday Socks, which I've knit a few times. So far, this sock fits like a dream (I did change the heel, but more on that when I finish the socks).


That's it from me today! I hope you have a great rest of the week and I'll see you on Friday, with (hopefully) the above sock completed!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!




20 comments:

  1. Your yarn looks so gorgeous, and it brings out that pattern perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is perfect for the sock pattern. They go together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are lovely, and it sounds like you're having a blast knitting them. I'm a little jealous; anything that involves a full leg + foot of ribbing is beyond my patience for purls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lissa, there's not many purls involved! Just the ribbing of the pattern is purls. The rest is knits, a yarn over and a slip stitch! Easy peasy. :)

      Delete
  4. Simple Skyps are definitely classics! And the colourway is perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that colorway more and more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great show! Those are lovely socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sock is looking awesome, I like the pattern and the yarn color. Have fun and good luck at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy as a bee! Wish you all the best for the yarn show. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love that colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combo of yarn and pattern!

    Molly : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yarn IS so perfect for that pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And yet again another lovely colourway <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lovely sock, particularly the color. Good luck at the fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those socks!! And the colorway is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Witch's Brew is comin' about so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for organizing WIP Wednesdays!

    I haven't made any socks yet, but they seem to be very popular with knitters, so maybe I should give them a try!

    ReplyDelete