Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 119

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week. I've had a great time so far with my friend Alea so far! We've had an insane couple of days in San Diego and Los Angeles. I haven't had too much time to be crafty, but I've bought a few things to make my crafting easier!




I bought beads for my Quaker Ridge shawl! I'm going to mix the two randomly for the bind off. I have one and a half more repeats before I'm finished and ready to go.

Don't the beads look great!!?? The blue are a little hard to see in the match awesome. I wanted a little bling but not too much.

Here's my cross stitch!I haven't gotten too much further but I just need to the inside of the owl, his beak and the number for the square. I wish you could see the white a little more on my canvas, but oh well.

Check out all my cross stitch stuff! I'm totally professional now. HA!

That's it for me today! I hope you have a great rest of the week and see you on Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

19 comments:

  1. ooh that shawl is going to be beautiful, the beads are totally pretty :D have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colours for your shawl. I have done a little counted cross stitch...but at the time my eyes where not so good...needed new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beads!!
    Cross stitching is in my to learn list...
    Thanks for hosting!! Have a nice day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl is looking amazing, can't wait to see the FO with those beads, nice touch :)
    Thanks for hosting
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely beads! I haven't gotten around to crocheting with beads yet but I'd love to try it! I like the subtle bling as you put it. I think they will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colors in your Quaker shawl! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And the beads are PERFECT for it!! I USE ALL CAPS CAUSE IT'S SO PRETTY!!

    *ahem*

    Cross stitch is looking great, too. I must admit, you almost enabled me right into getting this one. Then I took a look at my massive pile of WIPs and laid down for a while and the feeling went away. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to see that shawl!! The blue is beautiful.
    My link above is correct but my title isn't (it saved one from somewhere else), sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shawl will be gorgeous!!! I love the beads, they are perfect. Cross-stitch, ah, had to give it up due to eye sight and kids. Still have quite a bit of the patterns and materials, so maybe one day I will get back to it. Now that I have "real" glasses I can see! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cross stitch looks great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am joining for the first time this week. Thanks for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Quaker Shawl is really coming together, the beads you found are the perfect color, will really make a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the beads you picked out-- they match the yarn perfectly! I can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that shawl - the stitch pattern and the colours. The beads match wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty beads that match the shawl well. They'll be great pops of sparkle when the light hits them.
    I was gonna say...look how all organized you are w/your embroidery floss!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That shawl is beautiful ... your stitches are so tidy and even!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for another great link-up!
    I really appreciate the time you put into hosting.

    TracyAnn from www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete