Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 130

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend and are having a great week as well. I had a good time at TNNA. I actually learned a lot and it was great to see so much yarn being displayed so beautifully. It was nice to just relax and not have to worry about what to buy, as it wasn't a marketplace. It was very calm, which was what I was hoping, especially since I have Stitches West coming up soon.


This probably looks the same to you, but it actually isn't! I hope to get a better picture soon, but I worked on it all night, trying to get to the third color but I came up short. I'm only 3 rows (1 1/2 stripes) away from adding the 3rd color! I'm so so excited to get to the main, large section of this shawl. It's already getting really big, as you can tell from it bunched on the needles. The one thing I'm NOT looking forward to is juggling three balls of yarn at the same time. This is starting to turn into a project that isn't very easy to carry around. Luckily, I'm home for the rest of the week, as I've already had my two knitting groups this week.


That's it for me today. I'll see you Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



13 comments:

  1. Your shawl is looking great, I love the colours you have picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah, thanks for hosting.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours really work together, I'm really interested in seeing the third colour! Hope you can do it without any problems, colourful things are soo lovely (most of them). Greetings from Germany. Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is looking great and I really like how the colours are working together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because the rows get longer and longer the yarn doesn't really get tangled up much as you only have to change colour infrequently. It's a lovely pattern and I've knit two so far. I may have to knit another soon as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking lovely. I have been obsessing over finally knitting a Color Affection, but I am always held back by just how much yarn that is to corral in an orderly fashion. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand about being too big to tote around. I'm at that point with my ghan, but have resisted starting something else...sorta cause I want to get it done. However, I did take squares to edge to the hair dressers the other day and likely will take them to work with me to have something to work on. Love the colors, anxious to see the 3rd when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see it with the third color! I don't know if you mentioned what it was before, but I missed it if you did. Will be a fun surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so patient. I have this pattern and the yarn to knit it with. I cringe a bit at the notion it will take patience as it's not a fast gratifying project.
    I thought you mentioned before you'll be at Stitches West! I'll be looking for you during my lunch break on that Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had fun at TNNA. Enjoyed the instagram pictures! You're making good progress! I've bought the pattern but need to figure out yarn.

    ReplyDelete