Friday, March 15, 2013

FO Friday 129

Happy Friday! Today is a good day, as I did my taxes yesterday and had an appointment with my accountant today. It's always good to get that off one's shoulders, isn't it? I know I feel better without it in the back of my mind!

Today, as you all know, I finally get to share my Color Affection Shawl. I will say, it was a beast, and it got what I wished for. I did a few changes to make it bigger, and did I! I didn't expect it to be quite THIS big, but I wanted a shawl I could cuddle with on the couch on cold days, or even if the air conditioning was on in the summer and I was a little chilly in a tank top, for example. I certainly got that, and more!

This is the shawl draped over a banister in my back yard.


I thought this was pretty amusing. I stood on a step stool to get the shawl onto my patio cover. Here it is hanging down as I stand on the ground. Crazy, right?

Draped over my fence in the front yard. I think this shows you JUST how big it is! This is a normal style picket fence.

 I wanted to show this picture since the one earlier you could see through it with the slatted fence.

Last but not least, a close up of the three layers. Please excuse my shade in the bottom left corner



Project details:

Yarn: Candy Skein Sweet fingering in Fudge Brownie, Brain Freeze and Pumpkin (50% merino/50% silk)

Needles: Knitters Pride 4.0 mm, US size 6

Pattern: Color Affection

Notes: As mentioned, I did a few things different. I only did double increases for the first section and border. I also made it deeper by only going 2 sts past, instead of 3 in the short row section. This was a project that I followed for better instructions. Another thing I did (by accident actually, as I thought that's what I needed to do), I carried the short row section all the way across the whole thing, instead of only doing 9 repeats. It would be been nice to re-read the pattern, eh? Anyway, it definitely made it BIG! LOL

I hope you guys like it, as you've been having to see it's progress forever now!

Share your FOs!



27 comments:

  1. I love it, it's so pretty. And you will certainly be snuggly, that's the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! You really got a lot if mileage out of the yarns! This shawl is truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is amazing, no wonder it took that long! Well-done!!
    Have a super weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors... nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - I love the colours (and the pattern, of course!)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! It's so beautiful!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Didn't expect it to be that big. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Shawl! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shawl! I really love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Mine turned out a little bigger than I was anticipating, too - but it's definitely become onf of my faves and is just right for snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shawl!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I have to admit, I got up and checked blogger this morning just to see pictures of your shawl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! It's massive and beautiful, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got that off the needles to show us, and free up your hands and lap - that must have been cumbersome to work on near the end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tami that is INCREDIBLE! <3 I think it's the best I've seen?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shawl's very pretty and nicely done (as someone who did one and not have it come out nearly as nice).

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's huge! That's about the size I'm hoping the stripe study shawl I make becomes. I want one for on the couch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Those colours work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The shawl is beautiful. Well done! The colour combination is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Colour Affection Shawl looks amazing, the colours look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your shawl is beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Tami, I just wanted to let you know that Tami's Amis is the blog of the week on plutoniummuffins.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors of your shawl!! I've never seen orange and gray used and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete