Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 156

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday. I hope you're having a great week and had a great weekend. We were home all weekend, with my husband having the hurt back, so I had a lot of time to watch movies and knit! It was relaxing, yet by the end I felt a little cooped up with only going to the grocery store the whole weekend. The great part is that my Elfe is FLYING off the needles so fast. I feel like I blinked and it started to look like a real shirt! Don't you love when that happens?



This is my progress picture from tonight. I'm a little over half way finished with the pattern. This is such a great pattern and if you're looking for a first time garment, look no further. It's easy, yet fun as the stripes keep it interesting. It also doesn't take a ton of yarn, which is great. I bet everyone has a few skeins of fingering yarn that would look great together from their stash.

I certainly hope it fits, but even if it doesn't, it will make a great sample for shows. I'm using Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Grape Soda and Sugar Snap Pea.

That's it for me today. What are you working on?

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

14 comments:

  1. Your knitting work looks good, I like the stripes and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, very nice!
    Willow4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top! My blanket has been flying off the needles because we've been sucked into Justified - the first three seasons on DVD. We just can't stop watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely looking sweater. I love a good top-down, raglan sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving how this sweater is progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and thanks for the tip about first time garment! I am "on strike" right now from knitting....not sure for how long. I empathize with your hubby....it took a week for my back to heal up. Whew! I was afraid I was going to be walking facing the ground for the rest of my days. I can finally straighten up. Get out and about this week but look at how much you accomplished! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looking great! So jealous of your knitting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought some of your Grape soda yarn in fingering weight and am making a shawl. Looove the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That striped tee is looking so great! love the colours.

    ReplyDelete