Friday, January 3, 2014

FO Friday 166



Hi everyone! I hope you've had a good week. It sure is hard to get back into the swing of things this week, waking up at 6:00 am again. Thank god it's Friday!


I finally get to post the dish cloths I've been working on for Christmas. We gave my mom and dad a big basket of goodies for the holiday (alcohol, whiskey stones, kitchen soap, bar glassware, etc) and I included these.

(sorry the pics are blurry. I'm not sure what's going on with my camera phone lately. I don't have these anymore, so I can't take better pics, but you'll get the idea)






Both patterns are from a book I got from Knit Picks called Hearth and Home Collection by Kerin Dimeler-Laurence and are the Flora Dishcloths. All items are gorgeous from the book and I'm also working on a dish towel for my mom as well from the collection. I'll show that to you next Wednesday.


I used Knit Picks Dishie, the yarn called for in the pattern book. It was the first time I've ever used the yarn and let me tell you, for 100% cotton it was a dream. It makes me want to donate/sell every ball of Peaches and Sugar and Cream in my stash. It's $3.99 a ball, and I got a full (BIG, I think they're 10x10" or 11x11") dish cloth out of each ball, with enough left over to probably make a small dish cloth. I made both of these back to back, and my hands only started aching half way through the second one. Pretty impressive since I was working on them exclusively toward the end. They blocked like a dream. I'll be interested to hear how they wash/dry and absorb. I want a full report Mom (yes she reads the blog. LOL)! Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend this yarn, at least the knitting aspect of it!


That's it for me today. Have a fantastic weekend! We're going to Disneyland on Sunday, as it's the last day for the Christmas decorations and our black out dates are lifted for our annual passes. :)


Share your FOs!


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year sweetie! The link has a problem.
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya...it's been really hard to get back into the work groove for me, too. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Tami! Hope you have a great weekend (yes, it's hard getting back into the swing of things!)

    PS I don't think the Linky is working today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous, I hope they hold up to being washed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really nice idea for a gift basket. too smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the detail of the dish cloths. They're so large and pretty. I'm sure your mom loved them and can get plenty of use out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the thistle! Thanks for sharing.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/01/top-yarny-goodness-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cloths are beautiful! How funny that I posted about dish cloths too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting, my link is my latest finish off, a double breasted crochet baby coat.

    ReplyDelete