Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday 192



Hi everyone! I hope your week is good in your neck of the woods. It's been pretty darn hot here this week, making me tires and sluggish. Luckily I knew the heat was about to hit (it's been on the 90's F here), so I took advantage of a slightly cooler Monday and dyed a bunch of May colorway, Berry Sangria!


Over the weekend, or last week in fact, I finished my Strathcona scarf. I hope to share it Friday with you. It still needs to be blocked, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue with it drying considering the heat!

This is the start of a new project, and though it doesn't look like much, it's actually bigger than it is. It's the start of the Mielie Vest pattern. I'm actually making it with a group of friends, but we're just doing it for fun, not a serious KAL. I'm using Candy Skein Yummy worsted in Oyster. I've decided not to bring in two balls of yarn yet, as they looked so similar. If I get some striping oh well. A few of the skeins are lighter and I'll have to bring those in together. I'm a little further now than this picture shows, as I've started down the front (this is the start of the back).

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I've seen these posts around on blogs for a while, but only today I figured out how this works... Thanks for explaining and hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always use that colour run Candy wool to great effect.It is going to be great, thanks for letting me link. Jo from three stories High

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been clicking through everyone's WIP Wednesday links here for a few weeks, but this is my first time sharing a link myself--exciting! Thanks for hosting!

    I'm a sucker for heather prints and grays--really like that "Oyster" yarn. I am eager to see what you're making with it, Tami. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice of color for your vest. Looking forward to seeing the finished version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that gray. Beautiful semi-solidness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like it knits up into an absolutely beautiful vest! Great knitting so far!

    ReplyDelete